My Home contents insurance scheme

With a special scheme called My Home, you can easily protect your belongings at a price that is affordable.


My Home contents insurance means you can easily protect your belongings at a price that is affordable.

My Home contents insurance is a special insurance scheme provided by the National Housing Federation in conjunction with Thistle Tenant Risks and Allianz Insurance plc and is available for all DCH residents.

We strongly advise you to take out contents insurance for your home. While we insure the structure of your home, we do not insure the contents.

Taking out an insurance policy can cover loss or damage to your belongings by fire, theft or water. Insurance can also cover interior decoration within the home and broken glass which we do not replace. If a pipe bursts, we will normally only be responsible for repairing the burst pipe and not for any damage to your belongings or interior decoration. 

My Home contents insurance offers:

flexible regular pay-as-you-go payment options

a no-fuss, quick and easy application process, either by post or over the phone

no excess which means you don’t pay the first part of the claim

cover against theft, water and fire damage and damage to internal decorations

cover against accidental damage to sanitary fixtures such as toilets and wash basins

cover for external glazing which you are legally responsible for

cover for lost or stolen keys and also freezer contents.

With My Home, you can protect your belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens, you have cover.

Visit the My Home website to find out more or call 0845 337 2463 or 01628 586 189.